One-day Glencoe, Whisky Distillery and Loch Ness Tours
- The incredible natural beauty of Glencoe and the Highlands
- An optional boat cruise on Loch Ness. Will you spot Nessie?
- An optional Whisky-tasting Tour at a traditional Scotch-Whisky Distillery
- Fort Augustus, a charming village sitting on the southern shores of Loch Ness
- Take beautiful nature walks and see Highland wildlife
- 5-Star rated, Experienced Scottish Guides
The original Ness Bus Tour, and Scotland’s ONLY 1-Day Tour where you can visit both Loch Ness AND a Whisky-Distillery! This 1-Day Tour departs Edinburgh EVERY DAY, all year-round.
Departing from Edinburgh, travel in comfort across the dramatic Highlands in one of our Air Conditioned Minicoaches. You can relax watching the views from your window, while our Local Guides entertain you with their stories, and Scotland’s history.
Full Tour Itinerary:
- 8.00 AM: Departing Edinburgh, we travel up the Forth Valley towards the historic city of Stirling, where you’ll catch a glimpse of Stirling Castle and The Wallace Monument.
- 9.00 AM: We arrive at the Deanston Whisky Distillery, located on the banks of the beautiful River Teith. You’ll have the option of taking an intriguing 45 minute tour around this working distillery, originally a cotton mill built in 1785, and converted to produce whisky in 1966.
- 10.30 AM: We weave our way towards the Highlands, crossing the boundary into the ‘Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park’.
- 12.15 PM: Follow in the footsteps of James Bond (Skyfall) and Harry Potter (Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban), as you discover the beautiful and haunting ‘Glencoe’, the most magnificent and famous valley in Scotland.
- 1.00 PM: We travel through Fort William, home to the largest mountain in the British Isles, standing at 4,409 feet.
- 2.00 PM: We arrive on the Southern banks of Loch Ness, in the charming village of Fort Augustus. There are lots of cafes, shops and restaurants here for you to have a relaxing lunch, and stroll along the banks of Loch Ness and the Caledonian Canal.
- 4.30PM: We visit the impressive ‘Commando Memorial’ at Spean Bridge, and indulge in the breath-taking views of the Nevis Range, a sight that will delight keen photographers.
- 5.00 PM: Entering the beautiful Cairngorms National Park, ‘Monarch of the Glen’ country, we drive along Loch Laggan, before stopping at the ‘Pattack Falls’.
- 5.30 PM: We make our way over the ‘Pass of Drumochter’, a mountain pass created by glacial-action during successive Ice Ages, and links the Northern and Southern Central Highlands. From here, we make the short journey to the town of Pitlochry.
- 6.15 PM: We make a stop in beautiful Victorian town of Pitlochry.
- 8.30 PM: You’ll arrive back in Edinburgh City Centre. Please note that the arrival time is approximate, although we are rarely much later than this
Getting your tickets
You will receive your tickets via email shortly after booking. Simply present them on your mobile device.