Edinburgh Doomed, Dead and Buried Tour
- Explore two of Edinburghâs must-visit locations to reveal ghostly sightings and dastardly deeds from the past
- Follow around a cloaked tour guide who will fill the night with bone-chilling stories of the past
- A tour of the Blair Street Underground Vaults will uncover stories of cursed souls and witchcraft
- At the Canongate graveyard, youâll see the resting places of famous figures including some tortured souls
Walk along the sinister streets with a cloaked tour guide at the head of your group, as you head to your first destination, the Blair Street Underground Vaults. Descend underground and pass the dimly-lit caverns as your guide fills the night with ghoulish tales of torture, witchcraft, and vengeful spirits that walk the streets at night.
You’ll then be taken to the Canongate graveyard, the resting place of many famous figures of Edinburgh. Gasp at the odd mix of personalities here, like Adam Smith, the father of economics, David Rizzio, the confidant of Mary Queen of Scots, and James Douglas, the infamous cannibal of the Canongate!
Did You Know?
James Douglas was known as the “infamous cannibal of the Canongate” for having slaughtered a young scullion at age 10. He then went on to roast him alive on a spit and started feasting on him before being discovered!
- Expert English-speaking tour guide
- Tour of the Blair Street Underground Vaults
- Tour of the Canongate graveyard
Know Before You Go
This tour involves a fair amount of walking, so wear comfortable clothing and footwear
Apr-Oct: Daily at 7:30 PM & 8:30 PM
Nov-Mar: Daily at 7:30 PM
1 hr 45 min
Students and senior citizens aged 60yrs and up enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID)
Flexible Cancellation Policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 48hrs before the schedule
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point
- If you have purchased reduced-priced tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays
- Your meeting point is Mercat Cross, High Street (High St, Edinburgh EH1 1RF, United Kingdom)
- This is easily accessible from St. Gile’s Cathedral
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- Closest bus stops are Market Street and South Bridge, both 3-minute walks to the meeting point
- Closest train station is Edinburgh Waverley, a 5-minute walk to the meeting point
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout