Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
Famous for its haunted history, Edinburgh, holds a special place in the hearts of those who love a good scare. With a 400-year old history, these underground alleys date back to the 1,600 AD. A treat for the entire family; walk through the hidden alleys of the Old Town and learn about the mysteries and horrors that Edinburgh is world-famous for.
Meet your guide at Edinburgh’s Royal Mile early evening and see a fully dressed up legend from the Underworld. Walk with this legend of the past into his hideout, the Edinburgh Vaults and be prepared for the spook of a lifetime.
As you walk through the underground ‘wynds’ and say bye-bye to the sun, you’re in for a treat. Stroll along these shadowy lanes and courtyards as your guide details the dark history and horrifying terrors of the criminals and murders that once lived here.
Next, head to the Greyfriars Kirkyard, the world’s most haunted cemetery. See the tombstones rise out of the ground and listen to the stories of the poltergeists, missing bodies and the infamous graveyard’s famous loyal dog.
After this you’ll be going to the Edinburgh underground vault. Explore these dark subterranean chambers; turn on your ‘ghost radar’ and keep your eyes peeled for anything spooky.
- Discover the chambers beneath the streets of Edinburgh as you venture into the spooky Edinburgh Vaults which is part of a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Explore the Old Town with its small alleys with a professional guide who will be dressed as one of the scariest legends of the Vaults.
- Visit Greyfriars Kirkyard, the scariest and most haunted graveyard in the entire world
- Hear the stories of ghosts, murders and tortures as you walk through this 400-year old venue.
- Fun for the entire family.
- Famous Ghost Tours Tickets
- Services of a professional guide
Know Before You Go
Children under 5 years of age are not allowed to be part of the tour. Individuals under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Tour Start Point
The tour starts from the City of Edinburgh Tour Box Office on Royal Mile, opposite the Starbucks, next to the Tron Kirk.
Please wear comfortable walking shoes for the tour as the streets in Edinburgh are uneven and cobbled. Also carry a windcheater in case the weather gets cold.
No alcohol or drugs are allowed on this tour. Individuals found under the influence of either will not be allowed to partake in the tour. Flash photography is not allowed on this tour.
These tickets cannot be cancelled, amended or rescheduled
How To Use Your Tickets
You will receive an email with your Famous Ghost Tour voucher. No need to print. You can show the mobile voucher at the ticketing counter.
Your voucher is valid only for the date and time for which you’ve scheduled the experience.