Giverny from Paris: Tour of Monet’s Gardens Full Day Tour
- Enjoy hassle-free transportation from Paris to Giverny and back in a luxury bus with air-conditioning.
- Visit the Fondation Claude Monet, where you can wander through Monetâs former home and spot the famous water lilies and Japanese bridge as you stroll through the lush green gardens.
- Learn more about the Impressionist art movement with priority entry to the Impressionisms Museum, nestled in the stunning Seine valley landscape.
- Enjoy a gourmet break at a traditional French bakery, after which you are free to explore Giverny at your own leisure.
- Get assistance from a multilingual tour coordinator along the way.
Enjoy an Art-Filled Day in the Picturesque French Countryside
Attention all art and nature lovers: this is an experience you simply cannot miss! Enjoy a day trip to the charming village of Giverny, where you can fully immerse yourself in the impressionist art movement with a visit to Claude Monet’s estate and priority entry to the Impressionisms Museum. Your experience starts in the morning at the Paris City Vision office near the Louvre, where you will board a luxury air-conditioned bus. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the scenic French countryside on the 1.5 hour trip to Giverny.
See the Water Lilies and Japanese Bridge in Monet’s Gardens and Explore His Former Home
Your first stop in Giverny is the Fondation Claude Monet. Stroll through the lush gardens, a primary source of inspiration for some of Monet’s most famous artworks. Admire the multicolored flower beds that inspired some of his most renowned works of art, including the Clos Normand Flower Garden with its many Eastern plants, and the lush water garden, famous for its water lilies and Japanese bridge.
Learn more about Monet’s life as you roam through his pink-plastered house, where he lived and worked for 43 years. Explore the leading room, larder, and the artist’s studio, as well as the bright yellow dining room, which has been reconstructed down to the very last detail with earthenware dishes and a blue-tiled kitchen.
Learn More About the Impressionist Art Movement at the Impressionisms Museum
After having taken the time to explore Monet’s former estate, the trip continues with a visit to the Impressionisms Museum in Giverny. Skip the ticket lines with your priority entrance and delve into the world of Impressionism in this small museum, which blends in perfectly with the picturesque Seine Valley landscape that surrounds it. Learn about the origins of Impressionism, how Monet was at the forefront of this art movement, and how his unique style influenced both his contemporaries and the generations that followed.
Stroll Through Giverny and Enjoy A Gourmet Break in a Traditional Bakery
Head to “Au Coin du P’aintre,” a traditional French bakery, for a gourmet snack break, after which you are free to explore Giverny on your own. Visit Monet’s grave and the Sainte-Radegonde Church, both located near the bakery, or simply enjoy your time strolling through the charming village until you reconvene at the bus to drive back to Paris. With transportation to and from Giverny and a multilingual tour coordinator to assist you along the way, this day trip takes care of all logistics, so that all you have to do is enjoy the peaceful atmosphere of this charismatic village as you visit two art-filled attractions. Most people only visit Giverny once, and this day trip is bound to make your once-in-a-lifetime experience an unforgettable one!
- Transport from Paris to Giverny and back in a luxury air-conditioned bus
- Entrance ticket to Claude Monet Foundation
- Priority Access to the Impressionisms Museum
- Gourmet break in a traditional French bakery
- Map of Giverny, including a visitorâs guide
- Services of a multilingual tour coordinator
- Hotel transfers to and from meeting point
Know Before You Go
- The duration of this day tour (including transport to Giverny and back) is 10.5 hours.
- The tour starts and ends at the Paris City Vision Office (2 rue des Pyramides, Paris), located near the Louvre.
This experience takes place every day of the week except for on Tuesdays in the summer months (from Monday, April 1st until Thursday, October 31st). The bus will depart from the Paris City Vision office at 8:15 AM sharp. Please make sure that you are at the meeting point half an hour prior to departure (7:45 AM).
The gourmet break starts at 3:30 PM, after which you are free to explore Giverny on your own. Please be back at the bus by 5:00 PM to depart back to Paris. The bus will arrive back at the Paris City Vision office between 6:15 PM and 6:45 PM.
Reduced Price Tickets
Tickets for children (between 3 and 11 years old) are available for a reduced price. Children below 3 years old can enter free of charge.
The meeting point for your trip is the Paris City Vision office, located near the Louvre at 2 rue des Pyramides in Paris. The best way to reach the Paris City Vision office is by metro. Take the M1 and get off at Tuileries, or take the M7 or M13 and get off at Pyramides. It is a 3-4 minute walk from both stations.
Unfortunately, this tour is not wheelchair accessible.
Moderate Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 72 hours in advance for a full refund.
You will receive an email confirmation with your Giverny: Full Day Tour of Monet’s Gardens + Impressionisms Museum From Paris mobile vouchers shortly. On the day of your experience, please show your mobile voucher (or a printed version), as well as a valid ID, at the Paris City Vision office (2 rue des Pyramides, Paris).
Your tickets are only valid for the date and time chosen while booking.