Harbor Lights Cruise and Intrepid Museum Skip the Line Tickets
- Its impressive collection of exhibits, including submarines, aircraft carriers, gunships, and space shuttle, makes it the best place to take you on a journey from the World War II, to the space race to the developing technologies now.
- The USS Intrepid is a monumental asset to the United States Navy as it participated in the battle of Leyte Gulf and in the Vietnam war.
- One of the most eye catching exhibits is the NASA space shuttle, Enterprise. After having served its missions, it is now docked in the Hudson for us to explore. The Deck also contains most of the museumâs collection of restored aircraft.
- Other notable attractions include attractions include Bell AH-1J Sea Cobra gunship, the submarine USS Growler, a Lockheed A-12 supersonic reconnaissance plane, Aurora 7 Mercury capsule replica; along with various exhibits from around the world like an Israeli Kfir and a Polish Mikoyan Gurevich MiG-17.
- Witness the stunning panoramic views of midtown and lower Manhattan at sunset and after dark and cruise under the Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Williamsburg bridges.
- Onboard amenities like the cafe, outdoor deck space, restrooms and heated/air conditioned indoor seating with large windows made for sightseeing are available to give you a satisfying, hassle free tour.
- Use the Free Circle Line Skyline Navigator App onboard in seven languages with narration and enhanced content.
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
The large collection of exhibits, including submarines, aircraft carriers, gunships, and space shuttle, makes it the best place to explore the prowess of American military history.
What makes this place really special is its well preserved exhibits like the USS Intrepid, the NASA space shuttle Enterprise, Bell AH-1J Sea Cobra gunship, the submarine USS Growler, a Lockheed A-12 supersonic reconnaissance plane and Aurora 7 Mercury capsule replica, to name a few. It also features various exhibits from around the world like an Israeli Kfir and a Polish Mikoyan Gurevich MiG-17.
Harbor Lights Cruise
The NYC skyline’s sheer brilliance is one of the many inspiring features of the city that never sleeps. Witness the several iconic destinations like the beautifully lit up Statue of Liberty, Manhattan Bridge, Williamsburg Bridge, Empire State Building and the One World Trade Center, to name a few.
The cafe onboard sports a freshly prepared menu of sandwiches, salads and snacks and a full bar serving up hot and cold beverages, beer, wine and cocktails. So sit back, relax and breathe in the marvel that is New York City.
As you prepare yourself to take in the prowess of American military history, start at the Hangar Deck, and see the Intrepid’s technology on the left side, and discover the life of those that worked on the ship on the right. You will learn how the USS Intrepid fared in the Pacific Theater of the war as it was bombarded by 5 Kamikaze attacks and 1 torpedo strike. Like the legend that it is, the ship survived and played a crucial role in the war. Here, you can also engage with exhibits that show the Intrepid’s career in the Navy 1943 onward. You can also discover how daily life looked like for enlisted sailors aboard the Intrepid, and head on to the Gallery Deck to see the Ready Room, where pilots got instructions before take off, and the Combat Information Center.
Next, prepare to take in the world’s oldest existing nuclear-capable submarine. This tour is your best chance at coming close, exploring and learning the inner workings of a nuclear-powered submarine. You can explore certain sections that are open to the public, and learn about life aboard a submarine.
Finally, move to the Flight Deck, where your admission pass will cover access to the NASA space shuttle, Enterprise. The shuttle was the first prototype that was developed by NASA, and having served its missions, it is now docked in the Hudson for us to explore and marvel at. The Deck also contains most of the museum’s collection of restored aircraft.
Harbor Lights Cruise
Assemble at Pier 83 on the Hudson River near Time Square at the specified time. Make yourself comfortable as you settle into your seat for a memorable ride.
This one-and-a-half hour tour will let you view some of New York City’s most premier destinations. The experienced and hospitable guide will take you through the guidelines. You will get to see the sheer brilliance of the illuminated statue. You can take back close-up photographs of the Lady of Liberty. Cruising below New York’s finest bridges, the Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Williamsburg bridges, is a deeply satisfying experience.
- Statue of Liberty
- Manhattan Bridge
- Williamsburg Bridge
- Empire State Building
- One World Trade Center
- Pier 54 (Titanic Pier)
- Battery Pack
- Ellis Island
- Governors Island
- Wall Street
- South Street Seaport
- Brooklyn Bridge
- Chrysler Buildings
- East Village
- United Nations
- USS Intrepid Pier
- Access to Intrepid Aircraft Carrier, Space Shuttle Pavilion, 28 Restored Aircraft, Growler Submarine
- 2 free films (âThe Story of Intrepidâ and âKamikaze: Day of Darkness, Day of Lightâ)
- Access to the 86th Floor Observation Deck
- Art Deco Lobby
- Dare to Dream Exhibit
- Sustainability Exhibit
- Free Circle Line Skyline Navigator App with multilingual features
- Insightful narration by an experienced guide
- Onboard cafÃ© severing a menu of sandwiches, salads and snacks
- Full bar serving up hot and cold beverages, beer, wine and cocktails
- Onboard amenities including outdoor deck space, heated/air conditioned indoor seating with large windows made for sightseeing, and restrooms
- Pick up and drop off to Pier 83 for the Cruise
Know Before You Go
Exhibit Closures for Exploreum, 4D Experience & G-Force Simulator
Thursday, April 19: Closed after 2:00pm (The Museum closes at 4:00pm).
Wednesday, April 25: Closed 4:00pm–5:00pm
Thursday, April 26: Closed 3:00pm–5:00pm
November 1 - March 31
Open daily from 10 AM - 5 PM
April 1 - October 31
Monday to Friday: 10 AM - 5 PM
Saturday, Sunday, and holidays: 10 AM - 6 PM
Please note that final entry is one hour prior to closing time.
Subway: Take the A, C, E, N, Q, R, S, 1, 2, 3, 7 train to 42nd Street, then walk or take the M42 West Bus to Hudson River (12th Avenue). Walk North to the Intrepid Museum at 46th Street. Take the 7 train to the 34th Street – Hudson Yards station. Exit near 11th Avenue, and then walk west to 12th Avenue and North to the Intrepid Museum at 46th Street.
Bus: M34 (34th Sts), M42 (42nd St.) or M-50 (49th St.) to 12th Ave. and Hudson River. The Museum is a short walk North from the M34 and M42. The M50 can drop you off directly in front of the Intrepid.
Harbour Lights Cruise
The Harbour Light Cruise is available every day at 7 PM in the evening.
Guide Language: English On The Circle Line Skyline Navigator App, seven languages are available: English, French, German, Italian, Mandarin, Portuguese and Spanish
For children/infants under the age of 3, please ask at the box office for an infant ticket; it is free of charge.
No outside food and beverages are allowed on board.
Ensure you have your own mode of transportation to the Pier to board the boat for the Tour.
Pier 83 on the Hudson River near Time Square.
Please arrive 45 minutes to one hour before the departure time. This will ensure you have enough time to obtain boarding passes from the box office and to find seating on the cruise.
How to get there
From 42nd Street take the westbound M42 bus or from 49th Street take the westbound M50 bus.The buses will take you all the way to the Circle Line Pier.
The ticket is valid only for the date and time for which you’ve scheduled the booking.
Strict Cancellation Policy
This experience cannot be cancelled, amended or rescheduled.