Normandy D-Day Tour from Paris with Juno Beach and Canadian Cemetery
- Board air-conditioned coaches and enjoy the 2-hour ride from Paris to Normandy. Listen intently as your tour guide ushers your cozy group of 8 members with anecdotes and historical facts about Normandy.
- Walk the shores of the Juno Beach in Normandy, much like the Canadian troops did in 1944. Visit the Juno Beach Centre, a wide-ranging museum about the Canadian landings in Normandy.
- Enter two German bunkers on Juno Beach that are otherwise closed off to the public with an official Juno Beach Center guide. Donât leave the Juno Beach without seeing the âCanada Houseâ, the first house to be liberated in Normandy.
- Pay homage to the fallen Canadian soldiers at the Canadian War Cemetery in BÃ©ny-Sur-Mer. Check out Hellâs Corner and Abbey dâArdenne at Normandy before heading back to Paris.
A Brief History Lesson on Normandy
On the 6th of June 1944, the largest amphibious military operation in history began post-midnight, with over 156,000 Allied Troops landing. This operation was code-named, “Operation Neptune” and is often referred to as D-Day. Among the 156,000, close to 14,000 Canadians landed in Normandy on D-Day, assailing a beachfront they code-named, “Juno”.
Whether you’re an avid follower of military history, or just want to find out about the events that played out on D-Day, this comprehensive day tour of Normandy will give you a good understanding of Normandy’s history. You’re sure to appreciate the acts of courage and bravery on the Canadian soldiers’ part that took place on the Juno Beach.
Hop aboard a luxurious air-conditioned bus from Paris and enjoy the 2-hour journey to Normandy through the beautiful French countryside.
Learn Everything About Juno Beach
Once you’ve arrived at Normandy, you will stroll through the sands of Juno Beach. Your guide will explain everything about the unfolding of the landings with the help of detailed maps and pictures. Look out for the famous “Canada House”, which is known to be the first liberated house by the Allied Troops on D-Day.
Make your way to the celebrated Juno Beach Centre, and learn in detail about the Canadian operations that took place in Normandy. After touring the museum, an official Juno Beach Centre guide will lead you into two original German Bunkers that was part of the Atlantic Wall! Ideally closed off to the public, this is definitely a bonus to your trip.
Pay Homage To The Fallen Soldiers
Right before heading towards the Canadian Cemetery, you’ll make an hour-long pitstop for lunch. Your tour guide will take you to a nearby restaurant on the way, sprinkled with local specialties. You will then visit the Canadian Cemetery in Beny-sur-Mer, where you will learn about the 2000 Canadian soldiers that were buried here. Your guide will also take you to Hell’s Corner, the furthest point reached by the troops on D-Day.
You will also have some free time to roam about the Atlantic Wall Museum, the inside of The Grand Bunker before heading back to Paris.
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Transportation to and from Normandy on air-conditioned coaches
- Small groups of 8 people or less
- Entry into Juno Beach Centre and 2 German bunkers on Juno Beach
- Entry to Pegasus Bridge
- Food, drinks
Know Before You Go
The tours are operational every Thursday and Sunday at 7:00 AM
All day. You will be back in Paris by 8 PM
Juno Beach Center is wheelchair accessible.
• Restrooms are available at most stops made on the 2-hour drive to and from Normandy.
• Lunch is not included in the ticket price, but there will be a 1 hour lunch break at a local restaurant. You are free to bring your own meals as well.
• You cannot carry luggage or backpacks into the Museum at Juno Beach Center. This is solely for security reasons.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
• Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
• Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the boarding point.
• Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
Please check your final voucher for the meeting point details and specific instructions.
These tickets are valid for the date and time chosen during purchase.