Blenheim Palace, Downton Abbey Village & The Cotswolds Tour
- Hop aboard a day trip away from the busy metropolis, towards a resplendent English county
- Board a comfortable coach and pick up interesting facts about each destination from your expert tour guide
- As you head towards the serene expanses of Cotswolds, capture a mental picture of the rolling hills
- Your first stop, a quaint village called Bampton will surely excite the fans of popular TV series, Downton Abbey
- Notice the Downton Cottage Hospital, the home of Isobel Crawley and the village church
- Next, stop at the village of Bourton on the Water, a quintessential English village with peaceful riverbanks
- Finally, at the Blenheim Palace, admire the birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill from the outside
- Upgrade your ticket to include entry into the Blenheim Palace for a more comprehensive look
Get away from the hustle and bustle of London and head towards the serene expanses of Cotswolds, the first stop on your itinerary. Nestled in the rolling hills is the quaint little village of Bampton, known to be the filming location for the famous television series, Downton Abbey. Fans of this show will enjoy seeing the Downton Cottage Hospital, the home of Isobel Crawley, the village church, and the location for two fictional local pubs, The Dog & Duck and The Grantham Arms!
Make your way through this beautiful countryside and stop at the next destination, the village of Bourton on the Water, otherwise known as the Venice of the Costwolds! Sip on a cup of tea at a riverside café or stroll down the riverbanks as you let the local culture sink in. Finally, head towards the Blenheim Palace, best-known to be the birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill. Take in the tapestry, lavish furniture, and portraits in the State Rooms before heading out to the stunningly-landscaped formal gardens.
Tip: Be sure to stand in the exact spot where Sir Winston Churchill proposed to Clementine Hozier!
- 10-hour guided tour
- Expert English-speaking tour guide
- Round-trip transfers from meeting point
- Free WiFi on coach
- Personal audio headset
- Admission into Blenheim Palace (Optional)
- Hotel transfers
- Food & drinks