Guided Tour of the Reims Champagne Region from Paris
- Enjoy a full-day tour of the city of medieval politics and champagne.
- Visit the Gothic Cathedral where the kings of France were once initiated.
- Traverse the Montagne de Reims and its charming vineyards.
- Taste champagne at the Mumm and Mercier Champagne Houses.
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
Reims was founded by the Gauls long before the fall of Rome. It has always served as the center of royal traditions. The coronations of generations of French monarchs since the emergence of feudal Europe has always been conducted at the Cathedral of Reims. The city is filled with historical monuments like the Saint Remi Basilica and the Palace of Tau.
Reims is also defined by two other things, its appetising delicacies like White Pudding and its extensive vineyards. You will get to experience both of these defining factors in their full glory on this trip.
Your tour will begin at 10.30 AM when you disembark from our air-conditioned coach at the destination. Your guide will waste no time in leading you into the Mumm Champagne house where some of the world’s finest champagne is prepared. Marvel at the impeccable expertise with which the champagne is made here. You will also get a chance to taste ‘Red Ribbon’ Champagne, one of the most famous drinks in the world in its authentic form.
The 13th-Century Gothic Cathedral that sits at the heart of the city is the jewel of Reims. The splendid stained glass windows and imposing ceiling makes the cathedral an amazing place to visit.
You will be free to explore the city after a short tour of the cathedral. Explore the picturesque city and feast at one of the local restaurants. Do not forget to try out some of Reims’ best recipes like the Chaource and Langres Cheese, White Pudding, and the Reims Pink Biscuits.
As the sun begins to descend in the late afternoon, you can stroll through the serene countryside. The vineyards stretch all the way to the horizon. Once you arrive in Epernay, you will be taken to the second champagne house of the tour, Mercier. Founded all the way back in 1858, it has grown into one of the most successful champagne houses in France. An automated train will take you to the enormous cellars located at the depth of a hundred feet. After the tasting session here, you will head back to Paris in our air-conditioned bus.
- An air-conditioned pickup and drop service
- An expert guide who is proficient in the English language
- A visit to Mumm and Mercier Champagne houses and cellars
- Guided tour of Reims and its cathedral
- The Mercier Cellar will be closed between November 2017 to May 2018, and you will visit Georges Cartier cellar or some other similar cellar instead.
- On Mondays between November 2017 and February 2018, the Mumm Cellar visit will be replaced by another similar cellar like Taittinger.
Know Before You Go
Your tour will begin from Paris at 8 AM. You will be back in Paris by around 6.30 PM.
Total Duration: 10 ½ Hours
Strict Cancellation Policy
This experience cannot be cancelled, amended or rescheduled.
How To Use Your Tickets
You will receive your email confirmation with your voucher shortly. Please display the mobile voucher to our representative at the venue. Your tour will commence once your ticket has been verified by the representative.
Paris City Vision Agency, 2 rue des Pyramides 75001 Paris.
A 6-minute drive from the city center will lead you straight to the venue.
The ticket is valid only for the date and time for which you have scheduled the booking.