Explore the Opera Ga rnier, a 1,979 seat opera house built by Charles Garnier in the late 19th century and be charmed by the quaint, picturesque appeal that the opera is known for.
Your Tour Highlights
- 90-minute tour of the Opera Garnier with access to the different areas.
- English guided tour with official guides allowing a more interactive and educative experience.
- WItness the signature style of unique architect, Charles Garnier, amongst the arabesque of the site.
- Discover an array of materials used to create the abundant decor at the venue.
Walk through the halls of the Opera Garnier with a guide and learn about the rich history of the attraction. At one time the Opera Garnier was described as the most famous opera house in the world. Shroud yourself in a spirit of greatness as you stroll through this memorable place and take in the many paintings and artworks on display.
You will first visit the ‘Rotonde des Abonnes’ which was formerly used to welcome audiences to the opera. Here you will be able to spot the peculiar design language of Charles Garnier. Take in the arabesque design works as you get spell bound by the beauty of the welcoming hall. Next, you will meet the mysterious prophetess Pythia who will lead you into the auditorium, the loungers and the foyers. Take in the rich architectural works all around you and discover a wide array of paintings and sculptures on display at this theatre-cum-museum.
Know Before You Go
The tour is organized daily at 11:00 am and 2:30 pm. In the next step of your booking process, you will be asked for a preference and your tour will be arranged accordingly.
Children between 5-11 will be allowed on the tour. Guests younger than 5 years old will not be permitted on the tour.
Guided visit entrance in front of 1 Rue Auber. Please present your voucher 30 minutes prior the departure at the guided tour counter after passing the security check.
All cancellations/rescheduling requests made 48 hours prior to the start time of your experience will be processed for free without any additional charges
How To Redeem Your Tickets
• You will receive an email with your Opera Garnier Tour voucher in a few minutes.
• Proceed to the starting point of the tour at 1, Rue Auber. The tour starts at the ‘Guided tour entrance’ section at the Opera Garnier which is located near the Guided tour ticketing counters.
• You must carry a print out of the voucher and show it to your guide.
• Your tour tickets are valid only for the day and time of your booking.