Learn more about England’s monarchy and its grand history on this guided tour through the royal quarters of London. Included in these tickets are a visit to St. Paul’s Cathedral, a walking tour of the district, and a special timed entry to Buckingham Palace.
Experience the Hallowed St. Paul’s Cathedral
One of the most recognizable features of the London skyline, St. Paul’s Cathedral has survived three-hundred years of turbulent British history, including the two World Wars, enduring on as a true symbol of English resilience. Designed by the great architect Sir Christopher Wren, the Cathedral was built to replace the old St. Paul’s which had burned down in the Great London fire. Step under the awe-inspiring dome of the cathedral and explore its vast collections of stunning paintings stored at the Golden Gallery, as well as its haunting crypts that house the remains of Lord Nelson. All the while, your expert guide will relate to you the history, facts, and anecdotes about this London treasure.
Witness the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace
After St. Paul’s Cathedral, the tour arrives at the entrance to Buckingham Palace, where the Queen’s Foot Guard will march to the palace alongside a military band, all dressed in snazzy red outfits and bearskin hats. This iconic Changing of the Guard ceremony has been carried out in much the same way since 1660, and you can see history and tradition come to life in a quintessentially British way!
Gain Entry to the Buckingham Palace with Multimedia Guide
Once the Changing of the Guard ceremony is over, you can step inside the golden gates of the palace and wander through the Queen’s official residence. Visit each room and use the multimedia guide to learn captivating facts and anecdotes about the history of the Palace and the British Monarchy. Go through the royal State Rooms, where the royal family holds their many events and receptions, as well as the 47 metre-long Picture Gallery that houses the Royal collection. Finally, you can make stops at the royal throne room and the decadent royal ballroom, ending your tour in the gorgeous palace gardens.
- Explore Londonâs royal quarters on this fascinating guided tour with an expert guide.
- Make a stop at the monumental St. Paulâs Cathedral, where Princess Dianaâs wedding and the funeral of Winston Churchill have been held, among other notable events.
- See the world-renown Changing of the Guard ceremony at the entrance to the Buckingham Palace.
- Wander through the Queenâs home at Buckingham Palace and learn more about the history of the palace and the British monarchy.
- Panoramic tour of London with an expert guide
- Access to St. Paul's Cathedral
- Changing of the Guard Ceremony at Buckingham Palace
- Special timed entry into Buckingham Palace with multimedia guide
- Hotel transfers
- Food and drinks
Know Before You Go
- On Sundays, due to Sunday church services, there will be no guiding inside St. Paul’s cathedral.
- On the days when the Changing of the Guard ceremony is not available, a visit to the Horseguards Parade will be arranged in its place.
- During the summer of 2019, you’ll have the opportunity to celebrate Queen Victoria’s 200th birthday at Buckingham Palace.
- Photography is not permitted inside Buckingham Palace.
- These tickets cannot be converted into a 1-Year Pass.
Timings and Availability
- This tour will take place daily and lasts for approximately 4 hours.
- Check-in time at the meeting point is 07:30 AM and the tour will depart by 08:00 AM.
- After the tour you can spend as much time as you wish inside the palace. A typical visit time is 2 hours.
Unfortunately, this experience is not accessible by wheelchair.
Strict Cancellation Policy
This experience cannot be cancelled, amended, or rescheduled.
You will receive an email with your Royal London Tour mobile voucher soon after purchase. Please display this mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your tour guide at the meeting point to gain entry.
Golden Tours Visitors Centre, 4 Fountain Square, 123-151 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9SH
- You can reach the meeting point by bus. Catch bus no. 755 or 757 to Victoria (Stop 6). The meeting point is a short walk from here.
- Alternatively, you can reach the meeting point by Underground. Get down at the Victoria Station, the meeting point is a short walk from here.
These tickets are valid only for the date chosen while booking.