Go On A Daytrip from Paris to the Somme Battlefields
Your experience starts in the center of Paris, where you will step on board an air-conditioned minibus to begin the two hour drive to the Somme battlefields. Pay your respects to the fallen at the Australian National Memorial in Villers-Bretonneux and visit the John Monash Center to learn about the crucial role that Australian soldiers played in the battles. See the Lochnagar Crater, an impressive 98 feet (30 meters) deep and 330 feet (100 meters) wide crater that remains from when when the British sprung a mine under a German fortified site. Stop at the Pozières battlefield and the Thiepval Memorial, which pays tribute to the 72,000 British and South African soldiers who died during the Battle of the Somme and have no known grave.
Walk Along the Trenches of a Preserved Battlefield Park
Visit the Beaumont-Hamel Newfoundland Memorial. This 74 acre (300,000 square meter) preserved battlefield park marks where the Newfoundland regiment was all but wiped out after a mere 30 minutes on the first day of the Battle of the Somme. Get a notion of the horrific incidents that took place during these battles as you walk along preserved trench lines. Before you go back to Paris, you will have free time to explore the Museum of the Great War in Perroné, which exposes the magnitude of the battles fought in the region during the first world war.
Learn About the Great War with the Help of an English Speaking Guide
A small group size of maximum 16 people and round-trip transportation in a minibus with air-conditioning ensure a hassle-free and intimate visit to the Somme Battlefields. Your expert English-speaking guide will tell you about the significance of the different locations and provide insight into the hair-raising history of the Battle of the Somme. This day trip is the ideal way to learn more about the Great War and pay homage to the thousands of soldiers who lost their lives by visiting the sites of some of the most violent battles in history.
- Travel from Paris to the Somme Battlefields and back in a minibus with air-conditioning.
- Visit the main sites of the Somme battles, including the Villers-Bretonneux battlefields, PoziÃ¨res battlefield, and the Lochnagar Crater.
- Pay homage to the soldiers who lost their lives at the Australian Memorial, the Thiepval memorial and the Beaumont-Hamel Newfoundland Memorial.
- Learn more about the Great War at the John Monash Center and the Museum of the Great War in PerronÃ©.
- Enjoy a hassle-free and informative experience in a small group (maximum 16 people) led by an English-speaking guide.
- Round trip transport in a minibus with air conditioning
- Small group size (maximum 16 participants)
- Visit to key battlefields, trenches and memorials
- Visit to the John Monash Centre
- Admission to the Museum of the Great War
- English speaking guide
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off
Know Before You Go
This day trip takes place every day of the week and departs at 06:50 am from the meeting point. Please make sure to arrive 20 minutes prior to departure to avoid any delays.
Reduced Price Tickets
Reduced price tickets are available for children (aged 3-11) and veterans. Please bring a valid ID for all group members eligible for a reduced price ticket.
Unfortunately, this experience is not wheelchair accessible.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- On the day of your experience, please show your voucher on your mobile phone, along with a valid photo ID, to your guide at the meeting point.
- Please make sure that you arrive 20 minutes before the start of your experience to avoid any delays.
The meeting point for this experience is in front of Royale Cafe (19 Avenue de l’Opéra, 75001) .
Take buses 21, 27, or 95 and get off at Pyramides bus stop. The meeting point is a 1-minute walk from here.
Take metro 7 or 14 and get off at Pyramides metro station. The meeting point is a 2-minute walk from here.
Your voucher is only valid for the date that is selected while booking.